Picture of the Day: “On June 26-27, Creative Commons hosted a historic event — the very first meeting of its community held on the African continent, the CC Africa Regional Convening 2012 […] Held in Entebbe, Uganda, on the shores of Lake Victoria, the meeting brought together nearly 50 volunteers from more than 15 countries to discuss Creative Commons and its role in Africa, with a particular focus on open education and digital media.”
- Why do we allow poor science to guide social policy?
- New journal claims to be “the ultimate online journal publishing house” (funny post: see man-script)
- Overselling the importance and urgency of CC-BY for peer-reviewed scholarly and scientific research
- Dramatic growth of Open Access
- Reforming Copyright Is Possible
Tweet of the Day: